<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Red Kidney Bean Hummus

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Red Kidney Bean Hummus

Lately, I have been trying to " Get more" out of the food I choose to eat.  This means, I have been adding veggies to every meal, and making my snacks count!!

I LOVE Hummus! and I have made a large quantity of homemade hummus over the years.  The other day, my husband brought home Some Kidney beans from the store.....so I decided to make Kidney bean Hummus!!

Kidney beans are a VERY beneficial food choice.  They are high in fiber and vitamins, and low in calories.

Here are the ingredients you need in order to make kidney bean hummus.
 
Sea Salt,  kidney beans,  olive oil. garlic,  and lemon juice.

Since I used canned beans, it is very important to drain them.  Canned beans can have lots of sodium you want to wash away.


I put the beans in the food processor. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic, a pinch of sea salt.


My husband Greg was nice enough to add some olive oil for me. I just add enough until the mixture is smooth.


He also added lemon juice. I usually like 2-3 tablespoons. More than what most recipes call for.


I let the Hummus mix for about 3-4 minutes.


I didn't have any crackers, chips or raw veggies.....I made some toast sticks to dip in the Hummus with whole wheat bread.

This was better than regular hummus. I recommend you try it!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger lisbonlioness said...

Darn right I will try it! Thanks for the recipe!

 
At July 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Mande said...

Ohmygosh! I loved this. My boyfriend and I usually have our nightly tea with some snacks and this will be the perfect addition for us to snack with veggies and crackers :)

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home