<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Felt Alphabet Soup

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Felt Alphabet Soup


I just finished making a birthday present for one of my favorite little people who turned One last month.  I thought of the idea of making " Alphabet Soup", after this little girl's mom told me about how her daughter likes to play with items in the kitchen and play with the laundry.  It took me a little longer than I thought to make this gift, but I hope she likes it.


I hand sewed all these letters with felt and purchased a pail from the craft store to use as the " Soup Pot",



To make the letters, I free handed bubble letters right onto the felt and cut them out.  I made two for each letter and sewed them together.   I stuffed them with " pillow stuffing".



All the letters go into the Soup pot.  The games that a child can play with these letters are endless!  When I give this gift I will include a wooden spoon!



And thats how you make " Alphabet Soup!"


Pin It

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At March 1, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Cute! I think I might make some of these for my little guy. :-)

Erin
takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

 
At March 2, 2012 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

so cute! I am featuring this on my site today! thanks for sharing!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

 
At March 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Would LOVE it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday

Natasha xx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

 
At March 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Emma said...

This is too cute!!!! Great idea. :)

 
At March 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Jennifer Dawn said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Meaningful Mama said...

This is such a cute idea.

 
At March 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Catrin said...

Wow, these are great and make wonderful gifts for kids and are great in any classroom. This is going on my Teaching Pinterestboard.
Greetings from Germany
Catrin

 
At March 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such an adorable idea! Love it.. Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party at http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/03/pink-hippo-party-70.html

 
At March 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cute idea!! We are your newest followers:)

 
At March 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

This really would make a great gift! Just posted on Craft Gossip!!
http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=5704

 
At March 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger ~Angi~ said...

I so have to make this for my daughter. She would have a blast with this one.

 
At March 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Katie said...

This project sounds like quite the undertaking since all the letter are hand sewen but I love the finished product and especially how you even have a soup pot for them!

 
At March 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Crafty Mischief said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is that??? One of my favorite little people just turned 6 but I still totally want to make this for her! Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At March 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

What a cute idea! I have a 3 month old and soon she'll be playing with things like this... maybe I'll make it for her for Christmas!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Renonda said...

This is a great way to teach the alphahbet.

 
At March 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM , Blogger æble said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

 
At July 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Just Plain Pam said...

Cute idea, thanks for sharing!

 
At September 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said...

Oh this is adorable! And such a fabulous idea :) Thank you so much for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home