<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Egg Roll Wrapper Calzones

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Egg Roll Wrapper Calzones

Lately I have been trying to make recipes healthier so I can loose my baby weight  get in shape for summer!

I was watching The Hungry Girl, a show on the Food Network where the host made apple pies using egg roll wrappers instead of using pie crust!  What a great way to have a tasty treat while saving a bunch of calories!

An Egg roll wrapper is about 80 calories.

I decided to dig a little deeper into this Egg roll wrapper concept.  I made calzones with the egg roll wrappers.  I LOVE Pizza, but pizza crust can hold many calories.



How to make Egg roll wrapper calzones

1)  Prepare calzone fillings.  Anything that you would like on a pizza will taste good in your calzone!  I made zucchini and onion calzones.


2)  My local grocery store keeps the egg roll wrappers in the produce section.



3) Lay out your egg roll wrapper.  Place your fillings on one half of the egg roll wrapper.  Add some cheese if you desire.


4)  Fold the other half of the egg roll wrapper over the fillings.  Fold the edges over and seal the edges with a fork.

5) Brush a little olive oil over your creation.


6) Bake your calzones at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until the wrapper is golden brown.


7) Use some marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy! 

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At May 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is seriously clever.

 
At May 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Very good! I'm going to have to try this :)

 
At May 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Recipes We Love said...

Great idea!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Elise said...

I'm going to try this TODAY! I love calzones! A few days ago I tried making pizza rolls... deep fried pizza rolls.... lots of calories, bleh!

 
At May 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

These look amazing!! I love making recipes with egg roll wrappers, and I can't wait to try this one out. Megan

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing.

 
At May 16, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Yummm! This looks so good! I'll be trying this!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Admin said...

I would love to make these and freeze them for later use. Do you think I could assemble and freeze or should I cook them for a bit first and then freeze?

 
At May 18, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

These look really good! I never thought to use egg roll wrappers for calzones! Thanks for linking to Handmade Tuesdays.

 
At June 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Annabellouise said...

Yummy. Clever idea.

 
At June 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Sangeeta said...

great idea, thanks for the tip.

 
At August 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

I made this with mini pizza ingredients and they were a huge hit. :)

 
At August 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger  Ray said...

I also did a meaty kinda of version for appetizers- ground turkey and soy with ginger and thin sliced scallions, blend the warm ground turkey with cream cheese the other stuff and then put it in an egg roll wrapper ( i used 1 egg roll wrapper and pinched the sides up for appetizers) my hubby liked it better than the crab Rangoon from our favorite restaurant. ( I think it was the scallions and cream cheese!)

I have to try your calzone idea! Very cool. So glad I found your blog! :)

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home