<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Summer zucchini pizza

Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer zucchini pizza

Summer zucchini pizza


There is no flavor combination quite as amazing as caramelized onions and zucchini.  I feel like I am always putting these two vegetables together, but in different ways, all the time.

And its no lie, that when I do my Sunday grocery shopping, that I will often purchase 6 or maybe 8 zucchinis for the week.

Now that I live in Iowa, I go to farmers markets often, the zucchini has been plentiful this year.

Its funny that I have never posted this before, because its one of my Go to dinners.

How to make summer zucchini pizza

Ingredients:

2 zucchinis
1 onion
pizza sauce
pizza cheese
1 pizza crust.  or make your own
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1) Prepare your pizza toppings.  Caramelize the onion.  slice the 2 zucchinis.

2) Spread pizza sauce on the crust.


3) Add cheese
4) Place the sliced zucchini all over the pizza


You might have to stack the zucchini in order for it to all fit!

5) brush the zucchini with some olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.


6) Place pizza into the oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. or until the zucchini is roasted to your satisfaction.


7) Add caramelized onions. and enjoy:)





Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At May 29, 2012 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Interesting toppings for a pizza! Looks good!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will definitely be making this! Zucchini is a go-to food for us! Grilled zucchini slices (length wise) tossed with thyme, garlic salt, & a bit of oil then grilled- yummy!!

 
At May 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Candace said...

I love zucchini and you just can't beat caramelized onions. This looks yummy!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Káh Lima Romão said...

Hello,

Original your pizza! Here in São Paulo, already found in broccoli, and was also very good.

Kisses.

Kah
http://designlimaromao.blogspot.com.br/

 
At June 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Erin said...

This looks amazing! I absolutely adore caramelized onions and zucchini. Add bacon and I'm in heaven!

 
At June 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My kids love zucchini on their pizza. They might not like the onions, but I would! So I'll have to do half and half! Stopping by from marvelous mess. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim. Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe.

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home