<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Tea party in a box

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tea party in a box

My oldest friend, Alexis always sends me the most thoughtful gifts for Christmas and my birthday.  She also always mails me fantastic books after she is done reading them.  I have made some cute gifts on my blog, but I always thought that the gifts I gave Alexis were not as thoughtful as the ones she has sent me.

Since I had a cute idea, and some extra time.  I made her a " Tea Party in a box for her birthday!  I know its not a competition between us for who sends the most creative presents.  But her friendship is a gift, and I wanted to show her that.


This " Tea Party in a box" was being sent from my home in Ottumwa, Iowa to Washington DC, where Alexis currently calls her home.


Alexis gave me a copy of "Jane Eyre" for Christmas this past year.  I enjoyed "Jane Eyre" I also love most Jane Austen novels.  I am pretty sure that everyone who loves English literature needs to have a proper tea cup and saucer.  I found this "old school" tea cup and saucer at a local second hand shop.

Any " Tea party in a box" should always include an " old school" tea cup.


Alexis is a huge fan of herbal tea.  This is not exactly the tea that Queen Victoria drank back in the 1800's when she started the English tradition of " High tea".  But of course I included the type of tea that Alexis would enjoy.

I cut open each tea bag,  took out the tea string, and taped on " Tea quotes".  I then taped up the tea bag again so the aroma's from the different kinds of tea wouldn't mix.


I arranged a few other items in the " Tea party in a box".  These items included reusable cotton tea bags, assorted teas, and some cookies for Alexis to dip into her tea.  The reason why Queen Victoria started the tradition of " High tea" is because she needed a snack between lunch and dinner.  

Cookies or some type of biscuit should always be included in a " Tea party in a box"


Alexis's birthday took place during mid May, and I believe she liked her gift.  I have many family members who consider themselves " Austenites". So, I feel like this won't be the last time that I will make a " Tea Party in a box"


Just a few notes as this blog post comes to a close.

1) I wrapped up the tea cup in newspaper before sending it through the mail.  I did not want it to break.

2) Alexis really is my oldest friend.  We are both 29 years old, and we started playing together at the age of two.




Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At June 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Blogger ~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your "tea party in the box" is sooo cute!! I love this cute idea. :) :) Smiles, hope you have a lovely day, xx Holly

 
At June 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Bijee said...

This really is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.... Good idea!!

 
At June 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So awesome! I would love to get a box like that, in summer it could be an iced tea box!

 
At June 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

Such a sweet idea. I really love the little sayings that you added to the tea bag tags!

 
At June 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so clever!! I am pinning this so I can remember it to send to a dear friend for her birthday.

 
At June 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM , Blogger kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

What precious gift. I know your friend would love it. I think my sister-in-law would love something like this! Would be super delighted for you to link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/06/mop-it-up-mondays-21-with-give-away.html

{HUGS},
kristi

 
At June 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger The Alchemist said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Etcetorize said...

Such a lovely gift. I've been thinking of personalizing some tea bags and now you've inspired me to just get on with it and make it happen! So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week!

 
At June 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM , Blogger TRICIA said...

This is such a sweet gift idea!

Visiting from etcetorize.

PS - I'm hosting my 1st giveaway this week...please stop by and enter!
http://makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com/2012/06/giveaway.html

 
At June 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Treat and Trick said...

A thoughtful gift indeed! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. Love to have you again!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Be Colorful Coastal said...

What a thoughtful gift that says you cared enough to take the time and gave it some real thought.

I was surprised to read that you are from Ottumwa. My parents grew up there and graduated from OHS. I still have an aunt there that I got together with on Friday. Sounds like you had quite a wind storm that came through there on Saturday. Hope you didn't suffer any property damage.
p

 
At June 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Gifts with a theme and a sentimental one at that are the most welcome. You nailed it with this. What a lot of thought you put into it. Thanks for sharing the idea. Found you at My Girlish Whims. Hope you'll stop and visit at Quirky Vistas.

Liz

 
At June 20, 2012 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Jennifer Dawn said...

This is such a lovely idea!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Margo said...

Such a sweet and personal gift idea!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Claire Jain said...

This is so cute! The vintage cup was a beautiful find :-D Such a thoughtful present!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Alexis.S said...

I have been enjoying my tea very much! Thanks!

 
At July 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

What a fantastic idea!!!! A real tea lover's treat!
Cheers from down under
Linda

 
At July 9, 2012 at 3:47 AM , Blogger MARIA JOSE GONZALEZ said...

A lovely idea!!, thanks, Mª José

 
At July 9, 2012 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Angeline said...

Wow ,such a great idea....I love tea and my girlfriends also,so I will keep this one as an idea for just a nice gift one day for one of them!

greats
Angeline
www.mijnplekkie.tk

 
At July 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

A superb notion. Any thoughts on where one could secure a PDF of tea quotes? Thank you for your hospitality prowess.

 
At July 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I believe when looking for tea quotes. I entered " tea quotes" in the search bar on Pinterest. Also found some on thequotegarden.com

 
At October 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I love the idea, but since I'm not a tea aficionado, I need to ask what the cotton tea bags are used for...loose tea, perhaps? I would add a lovely cloth napkin, a pretty silver spoon & a cozy mystery!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home